Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Graffitti and Vandalism

I became aware of some problems occurring in our community. There has been an influx in graffiti and vandalism especially in the bridges and at the parks. Please please call the sheriffs phone number if you see anything suspicious. That way there can be a record of things that are happening. Arizona has a curfew law that is 10:00 pm for anybody under the age of 17. (correct me if I am wrong) If you see anybody breaking curfew call the sheriffs so we can curb this ongoing problem in our neighborhood. Also the parks are dirty and trashed. What I do to help around is just to pick up the trash myself. Alot of the problems are from unsupervised children. Be mindful of where your children are at and what they are doing. Not only for reasons of dirty parks, graffiti, vandalism but also safety reasons. The sheriffs number is on the right hand side of the blog. Don't be afraid to use it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did we miss at the HOA meeting for those that couldn't make it?

What is really on my mind though? Anybody want to do an over/under on the number of foreclosures we'll see from the initial Element Homes buyers, or generally, any buyer in our community? Gotta love the market... considering most of our community is in the construction industry or real estate biz, and anyone who has purchased a house with anything less than $100K down in 2006 or 2007 is upside down, when does our community become a ghost town? For those who are uninformed, the market has not come close to bottoming out... I look at the numbers daily in my profession. I'm down approximately $130K on my house... If I'm correct, and not saying that is always a certainty, we should see another 15-20% drop in values in our neighborhood over the next 24 months. There's a reason IndyMac Bank just went under... and CTX Mortgage (Centex anyone?) is about to follow suit.

You know what's disappointing... when you see the person who works at the sales office for Element Homes taking the 1st foreclosure in our community after he used his huge discounts on his Element home to refi and buy boats, cars, etc... then he walks because he already has a second property.

Let me see... I pay $255K for a 2015 Sq Ft single story home that is nicely upgraded... the sales office rep pays $170K for a single story home that is 2350 Sq Ft at the same time, cash-refi's for over $310K, then walks from the property when the market does an about turn after burning all the cash on luxury items.

What a country... what a builder.

The Misfit said...

I'd like to know what went on at the meeting as well. I really had hoped to make it. What exactly is our money going to anymore? I see a lot of common areas that need desperate attention. Are they explaining anything?

Skyline Ranch II said...

Actually there is alot of things that the HOA is doing. Alot of the problems that the money and time is going to is fixing the vandalism and graffiti that unsupervised kids are doing. Make it to the next meeting and you will understand. Also if you would like call Melinda and she can explain it to you better than I.

Queen Creek Weather

Visitor counter